2011년 11월 26일 토요일

THE IMPRESSIONISTS, BBC in 2006


"We saw the world afresh, but for a long time, the world didn't seem to understand us. The Impressionists, they called us. We were painters of water, of light, of colour. We were of our own time, yet beyond it." Claude Monet


   I want to write 'The Impressionists' first in my blog.  WHY?  Because I want to show me and even you beautiful works of art first before you read my rambling or and subjective reviews.  But I will bet these are interesting and you will find that you search videos or dvd.   'The Impressionists' trilogy was aired by BBC in 2006. And It is docudrama on the basis of interview and letters in those days. The story started a reporter called on Monet's house and the reporter ask things of the past and friends. Claude Monet, Edouard Manet, Edgar Degas, Cezanne, Renoir, Bazille thes impressionists came on and arts of these artists are shown in the drama. So when I watched this drama, I felt I was in exhibition hall and sometimes in the nature they loved.
   I do not intend to introduce a drama but I just rabble on what I watch entertainingly.





   The reason I like this drama is the actual works was shown. I knew exactly the works somewhere I have seen and the artists sometime I have heard. 
   Actually, I like paintings less than sclupt and I like impressionist paintings less than other paintings. But after I watch 'The impressionists series', I like more impressionsis paintings and love more nature, sunshine.


from left, Renoir, Claude Monet, Edouard Manet, Edgar Degas, Cezanne



   There are another thing, situations in Modern Europian cities. Due to war, they had to move other country, had to draw they didn't want to and they had to die.  And love is shown this drama likewise other drama But what interesting is that love was real and existed.  

   The impressionists, their way to draw and arts were ostracized by then the art world but they did not change their opinion. War, family even poverty could not stop their passion for their way. This left strong impression on me.





   They loved the moment. Light, sunshine, wind, water, shade are changed every moment and they wanted to catch these and they moved these to their canvas. And bbc moved these process in the screen even plus music. 

  


official site

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기