"Cathedral is not neither stones of status nor even a place to pray,
it is continuum of creation."
it is continuum of creation."
The Pillars of the Earth is an eight part 2010 TV serieses, adapted from Ken Follet's novel published in 1989. It debuted in the U.S. and Canada and UK. In 2011. And, It is a historical drama about the building of a cathedral in the fictional town of Kingsbridge, England. It is set in the middle of the 12th century during the anarcy.
It shows a lot of things. The development of Gothic architecture out of the preceding Romanesque architecture, love stories, lust for power, views of religion, and people's ways of thinking at 12C in England and so on.
It really draw my interest. Art works like architecture, status, English accents, tricks, love and different people who live different ways.
However, it could be annoying me during entire series because some conservative character were hard as granite. In spite of that reason, I could not stop watching this drama. That is, The Pillars of the Earth is quite interesting and much to see. Also, I knew that its setting is 12C so I had to see a ridiculous witch trial. This drama was like a history book in deed to me.
There are such character that I know of in The Pillars of The Earth. It broke away from my stereotypes.
Priest is not just a priest who pray to God, give his blessing to the someone or renounce the world. I was a Catholic and its portraits gave me a refreshing jolt.
The public did not worship their King but worshiped God, church or even status. In this way, I realized that how different Eastern and Western cultures again as a Asian.
This drama was worthy of my time and surely this is true of you. Whether for fun, killing time, study of history, feast for the eye or study of English accent, I would like to recommend THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH.





댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기