2011년 12월 1일 목요일

THE TUDORS in 2007

"I'm the King of England!!"


    THE TUDORS series is a remake of original novel 'THE TUDORS'. And, It is based upon the reign of King Henry VIII of England and the six wives of him. It was broadcast 4 series from 2007 to 2010. And, it contains beginning of The Church of England, situations in Europe around England in the 16th century so I think it is very interesting drama. 


   The series 1, 2 are about young king tested by international conflicts as well as political intrigue in his own court. And, Rejecting his wife Katherine in favor of Anne Boleyn. And he finds new church was called the Church of Englandand he was the head of it with the result of his break with the Catholic Church over its refusal to grant him a divorce from Katherine. Also, battle with Rome.

    The series 3 focuses on Henry's marriage to Jane Seymour and Anne of Cleves, the birth of his son Edward VI.
   I don't say the series 4 because I hate spoilers. You could know if you study history of England or Henry VIII. I dare say you should watch the last episode of this drama because that is so so so awesome, majestic and delicate.

   It is different when someone look or if it just know indecisively. The same is true of history. Why I like drama? The drama is 3D! It is just not a word or book. That shows, says something which was in a book! 
   The king who married 6 wives, who executed 2 wives, who divorced as a Catholic and who made his own religion is main character in Tudors. How can this drama boring with this character? Imagine circumstances surrounding the king and veiled enmity, loves, psychological warfare and war. These are reason I see 4 seasons with lots of episodes.

from left and in chronological order Catherine of Aragon, Anne Bolyen, Jane Seymour, 
Anne of Cleves, Kathryn Howard, Kathrine Parr


   Even though there was times boring, props in screen keep my eyes. There is something extraordinary in a royal palace. 
Frankly speaking, I wanted to try their garments. Those are so beautiful and elegant!!
   Anne Bolyen who dominated her husband the King is my favorite character in the Tudors. I truly understand why she did, why she felt that. I did not know until I saw this drama how pitiful she was. 
   Also, the actress who starred Anne Bolyen is very beautiful and attractive in my  thought.





official site


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기