"Perhaps, after all, it is possible to read too much novels"
Northanger Abbey, an adaptation of the classic Jane Austen novel of the same name 2007. That is, it is a parody of 18th century gothic novels. The story is this. The
heroine, 17-year old Catherine, has been reading far too many “horrid” Gothic
novels and would love to encounter some gothic-style terror. But the
superficial world of Bath proves hazardous enough.

Catherine Morland, a 17-year-old girl who loves reading Gothic novels is analogous to my younger life when I was 17. I like reading a book since I was little. I have acquired knowledge from books and these help me develop my imagination. However, I didn't like a horror story or movie, which I still do even something like gore or jombie-style. Books were only a few entertainment for woman in those days. I think that for these reason, Catherine must have totally absorbed in her book and have fed her fancy too much. Whatever she did, the books made her search for love at 17!!!! Oh... my age is...
She couldn't distinguish the story in a book and rumor about Northanger Abbey from reality but she tried to find true herself. During watching this drama, her behavior was annoying me maybe because I have already grown up. She had absurd idea and so naive that she blows my mind.
Can't you see Henry looks serious but Chaterine looks interested and agog?
Seriously, there is a moral to this drama though it has poor content. A lively and inquiring mind! I think people today seem to be losing their human qualities like a challenging and inquisitive spirit. We always do not have enough time to dream, conceive or wonder something. We just have to act like a machine in the standard which is made by our society. Sometimes, we need to listen to promptings of our heart even though that is ridiculous and difficult to understand. Deuce knows if you meet the right person!
Somebody can say that she was just being childish and immature actually, I did. I think, however, I was wrong. Henry fell in love with her unique personality and that is part of her seductiveness.
Do not believe all the gossip you hear and see for yourself. Northanger Abbey is not a scary place and a haunted house but a abbey has lots of stories.
official site





댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기